Preface

Love Language
Posted originally on the Archive of Our Own at http://archiveofourown.org/works/18292067.

Rating:
Teen And Up Audiences
Archive Warning:
No Archive Warnings Apply
Category:
M/M
Fandom:
Marvel Cinematic Universe, Captain America (Movies), Thor (Movies)
Relationship:
James "Bucky" Barnes/Loki
Character:
James "Bucky" Barnes, Loki
Additional Tags:
Alternate Universe - Canon Divergence, Arranged Marriage, Mpreg, Triple Drabble, Extra Treat
Language:
English
Collections:
Multifandom Drabble 2019: Round One
Stats:
Published: 2019-04-01 Words: 300 Chapters: 1/1

Love Language

Summary

It's apparently just like Loki to fuck off right when something important is going on.

Love Language

It'd been a bad idea to tell Loki about the baby. Nevermind that it was his, or that Bucky was the one who had to go through a (dangerous, probably, and awkward for sure) pregnancy, or that this was yet another way his body had been changed without his consent.

He'd actually been upset enough last night to want to get into that part for once. They didn't talk about their feelings; they were a lot more likely to work things out through sparring, or fucking. But they were expecting a baby together now, and Loki's expression had softened enough to let Bucky figure it might be okay this time.

It had felt more than okay, actually. It had felt good.

So much for that.

"I'll kill him," Thor said when he found out, raging even though he'd been the one who'd told Bucky that Loki would fuck off someday, marriage treaty or no marriage treaty.

"I could locate him for you, if you wish," Heimdall offered. The subtext seemed to be 'so you can kill him before Thor does.'

"Thanks, but no thanks," Bucky said to both of them, and decided he might as well wait and see.

Three days later, Loki came back, casual and smug, like he hadn't disappeared without a word. Bucky could have yelled at him, but Thor seemed to have that part handled, so he left it alone.

Good thing, too. The news the next morning showed a story about fifteen Hydra operatives who'd been found stabbed to death within the last few days.

"...Thanks," Bucky said.

"My pleasure," Loki replied, more casual than smug this time. Probably because he was allergic to feelings, and Bucky's had given him some kind of reaction.

Well, fine. There were other ways Bucky could show his gratitude.

Afterword

Please drop by the archive and comment to let the author know if you enjoyed their work!